Friday 7 March 2014

Aussie Curves - Off the Runway

I've never been much of a trend follower in terms of what's current on the runway. I buy roughly 75% of my clothing and shoes from op shops so they are never really current, I'm lucky if it's last season.
So I've put together a few outfits in my own interpretation of what's current on the runway.

Plaid is an upcoming pattern that feels like its coming out everywhere! Or tartan - same thing to me!! Lol I don't really need to mention any specific places where you can see this trend because if you aren't already seeing it everywhere, you will be soon! I went into City Chic a month or two ago and it was definitely the next 'in' style from the newer pieces out. 
My outfit is simple yet more for the colder weather.
Wearing:
Junarose skater dress
Op shopped City Chic Jacket
Novo Boots


White Blouses
Instyle has white shirts as one of the current trends on the runway. Up until recently I've not even owned a white shirt but this virtu top I recently op shopped seems to be close enough for me so I've added in a couple of pics of me wearing this in a couple of casual looks I've worn recently.



Trending Colours

Pink seems to be one of the colours here and there in current and upcoming runway trends. My thought is that its going to be more pastel pinks like these Rosie looks in Harpers bazaar but I've gone for my preference of a more bold pink.
Wearing:
Op shopped Pink Autograph top
Op shopped Old school Big City Chic jeans cut into shorts
Pink Havaianas (however some dispute that they are pink!)




Emerald is just one of a few colours that seem they are going to be all the rage this upcoming season. Harpers bazaar demonstrates this to us with a whole heap of outfits on the runway.
My emerald outfit is minimal as it is not one of the colours I have fully embraced in my wardrobe yet. However when I saw Emerald as one of the latest runway trends I instantly thought of this gorgeous Basque scarf I op shopped a while ago.
Wearing:
Junarose skater dress
Novo Boots
Op shopped Basque Scarf
 
Orange is another colour likely to be around this season. Danimezza's article in Plus Model Magazine says orange is up and coming and elle.com is saying that orange is all over Spring 2014.
My outfit is one I threw together thinking it would be average but I actually loved it! And it included trackies!!! What the!?!
Wearing:
Op shopped Orange City Chic Peplum
Black 3/4 trackies
Op shopped orange Jo mercer heels
 

A couple of other runway looks I'm keen to try, sheer/mesh and crop tops but I'm still trying to find the right balance and look for me so maybe in the future you'll see those trends from me. Until then keep yourself busy by checking out the other curvettes showing us their off the runway looks in the blog hop below!!!!
 




4 comments:

  1. I especially love the orange peplum look - I used to be scared of orange, but its soo fab, and it looks great on you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I love that outfit too! Orange is a good colour, nothing to be scared of babe!!

      Delete
  2. Holy heck, I'm pretty sure I would consider selling my hubby for that first jacket. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consider selling your hubby? Well I need one so lets make a deal!! Haha

      Delete