Pattern clash! Not really a fave outfit type of mine but after all it is called a fashion challenge!
I was going to take the easy way out and wear this dress I call my 'Pattern Clash dress' because the pattern on it is floral and plaid. However, I felt that meant I wasn't taking up the challenge properly...
So I did some Pinterest research and read some tips on how to pattern clash like a pro and decided on Stripes & dots as they always seem to go.
Buzzfeed had a good read on 21 Ways to Mix Patterns Like A Fashion Blogger
And I found the following Mixing Prints chart useful aswell!
However I came across a wee problem: I don't own any polka dot items of clothing! Though I easily came to a decision that this top was close enough to polka dots...How do you pattern clash?
• Pattern Clash dress || City Chic || $50 off a Facebook group
• Black Open toe Mary Jane heels || Rivers || $15
• Tee || Virtuelle || Opshopped for $4 from a UnitingCare Op Shop
• Striped Skirt (dress folded down) || City Chic || A 'hand-me-down' from a bestie!
• Heels || Target || Opshopped for $3
Next weeks challenge theme: Tee!