The weather in Bendigo the last week has been off the charts! Yesterday it was about 42°C so I hardly even left the house, let alone thought about a night out! Finally, last night, a cool change came through just in time for the Christmas Carols in the Park.
For at least the past 3 years I have volunteered for Rotary at the Christmas Carols and worked on the merchandise table selling glowsticks and Santa hats. It's been great fun!
I was excited about actually getting out of the house! And decided it was about time I started getting in the festive spirit so I got all dressed up. I actually felt a bit like a young Mrs. Claus!
Here's a few photos from the night!
My Mum & I being presents.
TAC had a free photo set up inside a giant inflatable present. It was all to do with their current Christmas campaign that reminded people that the best present at Christmas is to be present [implying we need a zero death toll on the roads this season]. My Mum & I were encouraged to dress up as presents and we obliged; however if I was a present I would be much more colour coordinated than I am in the above photo!
Hard at work.
Posing for a photo at Rotary's merch table for the local newspaper. Photo credit is to Noni Hyett at The Bendigo Advertiser.
Me and Santa.
Of course he has a very busy schedule so he couldn't actually stop for this photo!
I couldn't leave out a pic of our towns Christmas Tree with the fountain lit up in the background. It is hilariously yet also sadly now under 24hr protection from a friendly motorcycle group to prevent some grinch like vandals from striking again!
• Red peplum || City Chic || $10 (plus $8.25 p+h) bought off Facebook
• Black tea skirt || Pho Sizzle || RRP $90 however I only paid $48.60 due to 10%off for members and a 40% one off discount for new members!
• Pink petticoat || Opshopped for $3
• Black belt || City Chic || From another dress
• Earrings || DIY earrings made from $2 wine glass charms from Kmart
• Black Sandals || Target || $15
• Red & Green bangles || Off an infants toy
Next week: Christmas!!!! How exciting!!