Saturday 7 June 2014

Aussie Curves - Polka dots

Polka dots have never really been my thing but after last years polka dot challenge I have been keeping my eye out for something I could use come this challenge and something I could keep as a polka dot piece in my wardrobe.

Well I found two pieces to try and I've been saving them for this challenge; A little neck scarf and a vintage dress. 

The neck scarf seemed almost pointless as a scarf, especially in this chilly weather we've had at the moment. So I decided to use it as a head scarf. I like the photos I took but it wasn't really ideal for me as it didn't sit on my head properly so it'll probably go back to the op shop. 

The vintage grandma dress is pretty cool I reckon! Its actually navy blue up top with a white skirt with tiny blue polka dots! I wanted to wear leggings cause of the cold weather and I only have black one so I just covered up the top bit. The tiny polka dots on the skirt half are so small you just assume they're black. I also covered up the top half so it didnt look so grandma-ish. I really wish I'd had some skin coloured stockings, tights or leggings at times like this cause its was too cold to have bare legs!!
...Anyway again I like the photos I took, cropped and played with but the dress is not me. I just don't think white (or mostly white) is my colour so this will probably be donated back to the op shop too!


Both pieces just weren't me and even my polka dot nail polish didn't work out too great!
Just when i thought I would never find the perfect polka dot piece for myself I realised it was literally in front of me the whole time! 
These fingerless gloves I've had for about a year now and wear them nearly every day during the colder seasons!
They are comfy, practical and only costing $1 from the op shop (of course) they were cheap but still good quality and warm!
Make sure you check out all the other awesome curvettes and their polka dotty goodness by clicking the links on the blog hop below!


This is a Blog Hop!

You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 1 day, 11 hrs, 13 min (6/8/2014 11:59 PM Australia - Australian Eastern Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...

This is a Blog Hop!

You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 1 day, 11 hrs, 15 min (6/8/2014 11:59 PM Australia - Australian Eastern Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found your old faithful! I think the dress looked amazing but you have to be comfortable! Good work on your nails too! I'm sooo bad at painting my nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice is the key to doing your nails I reckon! The dress didnt feel right so I sent it back to the op shop, thanx tho

      Delete
  2. I like the warmth of those fingerless gloves, and you know, I think the headband looks cool :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fingerless gloves are amazing! These are actually more like handless gloves but they hav a thumbhole.
      I thought the headband looked good too but it kept falling down which drove me nuts!

      Delete
  3. I'm a fan of the dress tooo!! and i think the fingernails turned out pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't as good close up! All the dots are wonky and different sizes! Was fun doing it tho!

      Delete
  4. I really, really love and respect that way you always try to work a challenge, even when you feel like it's not quite "you". I always think you look great, but I can totally relate to dipping your toes in the water and deciding not to go for a swim. Haha. I don't wear white either, but i'd give that dress a run for it's money too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kobi! You're so sweet! I guess they are meant to be a challenge so I'm always happy to have a go even if I'm not happy with the end result! ;)

      Delete