I'm a creative person but not a sewing person. So I knew Pinterest would have something I could make. I didn't think I would find anything that would show me how to make clothing but I did find something clothing could make. And I may have gone a tad overboard!!!
Via Pinterest I found this awesome blog post to make a necklace from an old t-shirt. Find it at: http://aprettypennyblog.com/2011/01/02/project-restyle-easy-no-sew-t-shirt-necklace/
As I run an op shop I grabbed a top and gave it a go... it was so easy so I did it in a few other colours as well!
Here's a quick tutorial to show you what I did:
- Cut off the end of the top. Then cut the top into strips about an inch long.
- Stretch the strips out and then double them over.
- Make sure the seams are lined up all together.
- Use one if the strips to tie together the top beside the seams.
- Then wind this tightly to cover up all the seams. I used two strips to do mine. Then tie at the end.
The photo below explains what I mean when I said I may have gone overboard..!
The instructions on the blog above are much better! I even had some strips left so I made so bangle bits too!
And heres a few pics of me wearing them! Usually jewellery irritates my neck but these didn't cause its purely cotton material. And it keeps your neck warm, so who needs a scarf!
Check out the other Curvettes being creative in the blog hop below!