Wednesday 20 August 2014

Aussie Curves - Everyday Style

Work has been very physical for me lately, involving alot of stair climbing, moving boxes, furniture and standing/walking around for 6+ hrs every day. 
So needless to say, my everyday style has needed to be comfy and practical...plus its been chilly too! So warmth is a factor aswell. 
This outfit is very similar to my basic casual outfit I will wear when I know I have a big day of work ahead of me.
I start with my Jeans over leggings for warmth. These are by Autograph and I opshopped them for $5.
Then shoes, preferably flat for the long periods of standing and stair climbing. When I'm wearing jeans this is easy as I only have a few pairs that are flat...when I'm not wearing jeans I have major issues here as I don't like the look of any of these flat with skirts or leggings...anyway thats a story for another day!! Flats.... In this outfit I'm wearing practically New Mimco boots I opshopped for $50. Someone told me they reckoned they would be a $600 pair of boots! OMG!! Bargain much?!?
Tops in this weather nearly always consist of long sleeve black tops cause it is a bit chilly here. The top one you can see (I'm wearing 3 layers) is by Kmart which I opshopped for $2.50. I usually wear these under another top but this time I just left them visible.
Over these tops I have one of my most recent op shop buys by Rosie & Dixie. This cardigan/vest is so smooth and lightweight. I love that I can just chuck it on and feel a bit more comfortable hiding some of my more unsightly curves and bulges! I scored this baby for $5 from an opshop of course!
To top off my outfit I've added a $5 opshopped necklace just to add some bling plus I'm loving the longline necklaces of late. Ive heard they are great to help elongate the look of your body. 

To see more of my everyday styles check me out on Instagram at charlenegirl

Clearly I've had to much time on my hands or I'm really procrastinating from doing work cause I'm totally diggin' playing with PicsArt at the moment!!




10 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your op shop finds! I love how you have put them all together. And it does look like you've had fun with the pictures. They are totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Playing with my photos is more a form of procrastination/wasting time but they do look pretty cool!
      As for opshopping... Well thats 90% of my wardrobe! I love to op shop! Its the thrill of the find!!!

      Delete
  2. Those boots were an awesome find!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it!! Now I just have to wear them in they are that new!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a score on those boots! Also love the cardigan/vest thing. I feel I need one of these... Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the boots were a great buy for sure! The cardigan vest is great, practical and gives me an extra boost of confidence cause it covers my muffin top bulges!

      Delete
  4. Those boots look heaps comfy. I am a sucker for boots myself! And i'm heaps into the effect you've put on your photos. Fun! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boots are great!! And Im totally loving playing with my photos and finding new effects to use. Its exciting

      Delete
  5. I love the necklace and I'm a fan of layering too so, i reckon this look is gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack! I'm diggin' long necklaces like this atm im pretty sure i read somewhere that it helps elongate how your body looks...either way I still like it!!

      Delete